Saturday, July 11, 2009

In the Beginning. . . .




It's awe-inspiring to see how life happens. Two little cells become a person. We underwent IVF with a donor egg (because of my age and PCOS). It was really interesting to see the embryos that were transferred.

On June 12, 2009, two of them made the journey (the other 3 are frozen just in case). Two sets of "soap bubbles" slid off the pipett and into my uterus. One had 8 cells and the other 5--they looked like the photos above. Only one "took"--which is fine by me, but Brian is disappointed.

On June 21, I took a preganacy test--POSITIVE! Went to the doctor on June 23 to check my HCG levels--elevated, of course. June 30, progressing well.

On July 6, I went to an ObGyn I am considering. The nurse practitioner did a transvaginal ultrasound and saw the gestational sac, the yolk sac and the fetal pole with a heartbeat!

On July 8, after a long day in court, I discovered spotting, much to my dismay. I called and scheduled an appointment at the Jones Institute for the next morning. By the morning of July 9, I was actively bleeding and starting to pass some clots. The ultrasound still showed a viable pregnancy, though. Home. Bedrest. Bleeding stopped on July 10, but now I'm taking very painful progesterone shots.

I didn't see any "products of conception" as the medical field likes to call them. So I hope the baby is still OK. I go back next Wednesday for a follow up ultrasound. I feel pretty peaceful, though. I really do trust God with this. We can monkey with the process, but ultimately, He is the one who makes it work.

4 comments:

  1. We're with you Lin...praying along. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In these days he has shown his favor, and taken away her disgrace among the people. Truly, I say to you brothers and sisters, the sovereign Lord has done this for her, indeed! Praise the Lord who hears our prayer to lift her from her condition she was in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was secretly hoping for two as well, Brian! But happy with whomever the Lord is sending . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I am the beginning and the end" (and everything in between!) Our best efforts have to be submitted to him! you are being infused with this EXPERIENTIALLY even in this. The Lord is with you and the little babe. Mom

    ReplyDelete