The last couple of months have been an emotional drain for us spiritually, physically, and financially. The following George MacDonald's quote which we had received on the sad day really rings true:
"Trusting even when it appears you have been forsaken; praying when it seems your words are simply entering a vast expanse where no one hears and no voice answers; believing that God's love is complete and that He is aware of your circumstances, even when your world seems to grind on as if setting its own direction and not caring for life or moving one inch in response to your petitions; desiring only what God's hands have planned for you; waiting patiently while seemingly starving to death, with your only fear being that your faith might fail." --(George MacDonald)
Actually, we are now absorbing what the words, "Bridge to Nowhere," sound like to us because we felt like that as if it appears to be like "IVF to Nowhere" to us instead at this moment. In spite of our God's reassurances time after time, our carnal and earthly instinct kicks in as a huge disappointment and an emotional drain at the same time.
On top of this, our home Dell desktop crashed while I was upgrading it to Vista Service Pack 2. I have been experiencing a dreadful message, "Service pack did not install, Reverting Changes. Do not turn off your computer" just after seemingly and supposedly successful upgrade to Vista SP2. I have worked on it for the past two weeks, and I’m now on about the third unsuccessful upgrade attempt so far. In fact, I was feverously working day and night since last Thursday to troubleshoot the situation.
Finally, I called Microsoft. After my first Microsoft support call, the issue was escalated to Microsoft tier 2. To my amazement, the Microsoft tier 2 technician Jimmy has been calling me multiple times every day and every evening (in fact, more than 77 times since Friday evening). We have systematically gone through everything we could think of that would be a problem. Jimmy has recreated conditions in his lab.
Recently, we surmised that there was also a problem with the internal OS component and that we needed help from Dell to restore to a factory installation. When I contacted the Dell support guy to get an additional support, he couldn’t believe how many times Microsoft Jimmy called me back. Well, Jimmy even promised to call me back tonight at 7:00PM to check the status of Dell Precision (??) desktop with Dell technician. Don't get me wrong, so far, both the Dell and Microsoft guys are exceptionally helpful and exemplary to assist with the troubleshooting.
On top of this, our home Dell desktop crashed while I was upgrading it to Vista Service Pack 2. I have been experiencing a dreadful message, "Service pack did not install, Reverting Changes. Do not turn off your computer" just after seemingly and supposedly successful upgrade to Vista SP2. I have worked on it for the past two weeks, and I’m now on about the third unsuccessful upgrade attempt so far. In fact, I was feverously working day and night since last Thursday to troubleshoot the situation.
Finally, I called Microsoft. After my first Microsoft support call, the issue was escalated to Microsoft tier 2. To my amazement, the Microsoft tier 2 technician Jimmy has been calling me multiple times every day and every evening (in fact, more than 77 times since Friday evening). We have systematically gone through everything we could think of that would be a problem. Jimmy has recreated conditions in his lab.
Recently, we surmised that there was also a problem with the internal OS component and that we needed help from Dell to restore to a factory installation. When I contacted the Dell support guy to get an additional support, he couldn’t believe how many times Microsoft Jimmy called me back. Well, Jimmy even promised to call me back tonight at 7:00PM to check the status of Dell Precision (??) desktop with Dell technician. Don't get me wrong, so far, both the Dell and Microsoft guys are exceptionally helpful and exemplary to assist with the troubleshooting.
It felt like to me that the "Bridge to Nowhere" is polymorphous and transformed into "Desktop to Nowhere" now. The Dell technician discovered that even Dell factory reinstallation DVD is now defective and he will send a set of new Dell installation DVDs in a couple of days. Consequently, Microsoft Jimmy and I have concluded and suspected that the Dell Precision desktop might also be originally defective in that it may have contained some of the faulty core Operating System components after all. We now have to abort and reinstall with the brand new Dell factory image of Vista Ultimate. How much would it be destructive and vicious to flush out all of the applications that we have installed in the workstation and start over from the scratch?
Well, our God's providence and provision are infinite so that he would stop our baby Shin's development at its track. There might be something wrong with the baby's development even within the womb as it gets even further advanced. To this day, for our astonishment, our Lord has been calling us more than seventy times seven so far as for the reassurance. We see the Lord's grace in the situation for him to intervene with the process in order to prevent further damages that would inflict to the baby. I say to you brothers and sisters, in spite of the sad failed attempt, our amazing journey in faith toward to our Sovereign Lord will neither revert nor abort, unlike Dell/Microsoft, forever and ever... Instead, it will simply grow bigger and greater for every day!
No comments:
Post a Comment