
My faith towards our Lord is ever stronger yet in spite of the sad news concerning our Baby Hosol yesterday. However, our Lord has reassured me with the following
words once again from the scripture during our routine devotional “Streams in the Desert” as shown in the picture:
I will surely bless you and make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as the sand on the seashore . ( Genesis 22:17 )
In addition, in my office, we had an “All-Hands Meeting”. The project was scheduled to wind down by 2011, but we got the most encouraging news that the project might be continued indefinitely. This is good news because I might not need to travel as other consultants do as well as shoring up our financial viability at the same time.
Lastly but not least, Linda and I had an opportunity to chill out at the Tides ballpark with her colleagues at the Chesapeake Bar Association outing including lots of foods. It was a blessed distraction to spend time with friends watching the local team.
According to Abraham from the Tides ballpark.
On Friday, I shall start fasting and praying until Sunday communion. I shall start eating normally only after Lord’s body and blood enters my body every week. This will continue until Lord’s promise of sending the children for us. Otherwise, I shall continue fasting for rest of my life. This is a covenant that I made in the presence of the Lord today.
ReplyDeleteAfter carefully perusing the preamble page of the "Streams in the Desert" excerpt above, I have realized that the Lord already knew what I would do as a covenant with him on the very next day, July 16th:
ReplyDelete"Trusting even when it appears you have been forsaken; praying when it seems your words are simply entering a vast expanse where no one hears and no voice answers; believing that God’s love is complete and that He is aware of your circumstances, even when your world seems to grind on as if setting its own direction and not caring for life or moving one inch in response to your petitions; desiring only what God’s hands have planned for you; waiting patiently while seemingly starving to death, with your only fear being that your faith might fail." --(George MacDonald)
To my utmost amazement, even long before the sad event, George MacDonald had identified my quandary. I find that the real reason I am for waiting patiently for Sabbath is that I want to be reprieved from the fasting while starving to death each week!